Detalles del Puesto
We’ve created InstaCarro and built a robust tech platform: with more than 22 Million dollars in funds raised and with our tech team located in Santo Domingo, Zona Colonial.
That is just the beginning, and we’re super proud of it. But the best is yet to come.
Relentlessly discovering and inventing new ideas and technologies that will make things better for partners and customers, and bringing them together around a better mobility services.
We’re proud of what we’ve built, and the countless ways we’ve connected people that wants to sell their car with hundres of buyers that will buy the car in less than 90 minutes, instead of months. Now we can’t wait to make it even better - we’re creating the world’s greatest mobility platform!
Joining the Developemt Engineering team (squads) at InstaCarro is an opportunity to help shape the future of InstaCarro.
What can you expect from us?
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. You and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities.
- The opportunity to become a authoritative voice within the engineering team of a large and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are listened to.
- 5 days for training of your choice each year, and support toward the costs.
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings with your Technology Manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events, including beers every Friday.
- Hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
- The opportunity to get involved in Open Source projects.
You should apply if:
- the work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- you want to be involved in building a product that you and everyone you know uses literally every day
- you’re keen to learn more about new technologies and the arcane inner workings of the financial industry
- you’re comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity every day
- you’re interested in distributed systems and writing resilient software
- you have some experience with strongly-typed languages (e.g. Node Js, Java, Python, …)
Required skills and experience
That sounds super
exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
- You are a back-end engineer with at least 4 years of hands-on experience in building distributed systems in a multi-language environment.
- Commercial experience with functional programming or a demonstrated desire to learn, projects on github are great.
- Experience with REST and asynchronous event driven programming.
- Experience with CI, and ideally CD
- Experience driving automation across build, test and release processes.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
Characteristics & Behaviours
As a Backend engineer you will be expected to:
- Deliver first-class systems, which are secure, appropriately tested, perform well, and help provide an engaging customer experience
- Play a proactive part in owning the tribes technical environments and services; taking responsibility for measuring performance and addressing technical issues when required
- Contribute enthusiastically to our continuous improvement of configuration practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes
- Manage and maintain our environment pipeline, ensuring repeatability and ease of use Create and maintain quality technical documentation
- Participate in code reviews, and embrace peer feedback on your work
- Communicate constructively with peers, seniors and stakeholders in all territories
- Work with engineers across the team to maintain the robustness and efficiency of our pipeline
- Work collaboratively with 3rd parties to enable and support continuous improvement of our configuration practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes
In order to apply for the job you should send an up-to-date resume and a cover letter. Make sure your resume includes your current contact information and work history.
In addition, as part of the job application process, you may need to take an online employment test and several interviews.
Enviar CV a firstname.lastname@example.org, recuerda agregar tu cover letter.