o This position participates directly in manual and automated software test guidelines and standards.
o The Test Analyst will analyze business, technical and functional requirements transferring them into supporting test plans and execute those test plans while adhering to software test guidelines and standards.
o The Test Analyst will participate as a project team member with Business Analysts, Developers and interface partners and will provide direction and support to an extended team of on and offshore QA Analysts.
o The Test Analyst should have experience with smoke, regression and automation testing practice framework as well as exposure to automation tools, preferably Oracle Automated Testing Suite (OATS).
o Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures to ensure that programs developed throughout the company function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines.
o Support responsibilities will include the development and execution of test scripts for new and/or modified software applications and software development procedures and standards.
o Performs tests of software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
o Documents and works to resolve all problems and reports progress on problem resolution to management.
o May review new or modified programs, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if the program (a) performs according to the user request; and (b) conforms to guidelines.
o Sets up tests at the request of users to locate and correct program operating errors following the installation of programs.
o Assists the Programmers and Business analysts in developing application test plans and verifying that applications and programs have been tested according to plan.
o Develop automated scripts for regression, load, and performance testing.
o Maintain the perspective of the end-user to ensure that the software will function optimally in the business process environment.
o Generate suitable test data that validate the critical requirements and business rules of the application under test to expose regressive defects.
• Generally requires BS Degree in an IT or business field or equivalent work experience
• Typically has 1-4 years of directly related experience.
• Knowledge on Oracle financials (AP, AR,GL, FA,..)
• Knowledge of Java and the Oracle testing suite supporting Oracle – OATS is a plus.
• Working knowledge of quality assurance and acceptance testing methodologies.
• Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Understand the concepts of structured testing and development methodologies.
• Basic knowledge of test case design techniques such as all-pairs, equivalence partitioning, and boundary value analysis.
• Collaborate closely with US & offshore QA Analysts and software development teams.
If you're interested email your resume to Erick Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org). Further info at 829-755-8009.