We are not afraid to experiment, think big or aim high!
Based in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, our technology department is over 1500 strong.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger – with over 60 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment.
As well as working independently, you will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team and across teams/sub departments. Our development strategy is agile and we work in small Scrum teams of 5-7. We do several code rollouts every day, are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
- 50% coding, 50% working with developers
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on
- Focus on moving the business forward, be pragmatic about technology choices
- Always keep the customer at the center of everything you do
- Have a keen interest on the business, not just any given technical problem
- Lead initiatives for improvement of development processes and business opportunities for your team’s product and the company as a whole by impacting multiple products across the business.
- Identify, foster, and proactively help colleagues to grow professionally, taking a significant role in onboarding new team members
- Represent Booking.com values, both in the company and in the external community
- Advocate a collaborative working environment – make “my ideas” into “our ideas”
- Lead, manage and resolve technical or design discussions or conflicts
- 7+ years of experience in a relevant role, preferably in a commercial environment
- Experience with templating languages
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Comfortable working on a command line
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Visit: http://grnh.se/r2dp151 and fill in the form.