Detalles del Puesto
Test Automation Engineer
We’ve created InstaCarro and built a robust tech platform: with more than 22 Million dollars in funds raised and with our tech team located in Santo Domingo, Zona Colonial.
That is just the beginning, and we’re super proud of it. But the best is yet to come.
Relentlessly discovering and inventing new ideas and technologies that will make things better for partners and customers, and bringing them together around a better mobility services.
We’re proud of what we’ve built, and the countless ways we’ve connected people that wants to sell their car with hundres of buyers that will buy the car in less than 90 minutes, instead of months. Now we can’t wait to make it even better - we’re creating the world’s greatest mobility platform!
Joining the Automation Engineering team at InstaCarro is an opportunity to help shape the future of Devops at InstaCarro. While Developers own their own code all the way through to production. It is our responsibility to ensure they have the best tools and visibility of their packages during the deployment pipeline and once in production. We produce tools to assist with live operating of the platform, as well as pre production tooling for load tests and failure injection reporting. As the Test Automation Engineer in the Automation team you would have a wide reaching role assisting and advising a wide range of InstaCarro product teams on deployment and test strategies. As well as responsibilities for monitoring and driving adoption of testing frameworks and patterns. Internally in the team you will also play a more standard QA role with the development of the internal tools.
What can you expect from us?
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. You and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities.
- The opportunity to become a authoritative voice within the engineering team of a large and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are listened to.
- 5 days for training of your choice each year, and support toward the costs.
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings with your Technology Manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events, including beers every Friday.
- Hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
- The opportunity to get involved in Open Source projects.
What we expect from you
Our engineering teams are growing the job of keeping the platform alive and healthy is even harder than ever. As a Test Automation Engineer in Automation Team you will need to play a key role helping ensure our teams have the tools and processes required to practise DevOps. You’ll need to:
- Coach and mentor individuals for best test practices.
- Own the roadmap and adoption of our performance testing tools.
- Conceptual ownership of our staging environment to help ensure bad releases are caught as early in the pipeline as possible.
- Help the company improve test process and automation in agile environment.
- Engineer solid, reliable automated tests that are considered as reliable as production code.
- Ensure that all the teams have the right level of test coverage for the product, functional and non-functional tests.
- Gain the trust and respect of other teams inside InstaCarro to help influence their testing strategies.
- Lead the testing strategy of migrations as we roll out the InstaCarro platform to new acquisitions.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of our internal testing tools.
Required skills and experience
Skills and Experience
We’d like to hear from you if you are confident testing in a collaborative, agile environment. We expect you to be comfortable working with software engineers, configuring environments, looking in databases, automating test and building frameworks.
- Test automation (Selenium)
- Exploratory testing
- Challenging scope requirements
- Performance testing (JMeter)
- Configuring Continuous Integration environments and supporting Continuous Deployments
- Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure
- Team work , communication skills and fully commited to deadlines
- Writing automated tests
- Performance profiling and tuning
- Designing and developing systems for both high availability and scalability
- Message queues and event-driven services
- Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Common test automation design patterns.
- REST Web Services and HTTP
- Test Driven and Behavior Driven development practices and tools/frameworks
- Exposure to cloud (AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
In order to apply for the job you should send an up-to-date resume and a cover letter. Make sure your resume includes your current contact information and work history.
In addition, as part of the job application process, you may need to take an online employment test and several interviews.
Enviar CV a firstname.lastname@example.org, recuerda agregar tu cover letter.