Detalles del Puesto
We’ve created InstaCarro and built a robust tech platform: with more than 22 Million dollars in funds raised and with our tech team located in Santo Domingo, Zona Colonial.
That is just the beginning, and we’re super proud of it. But the best is yet to come.
Relentlessly discovering and inventing new ideas and technologies that will make things better for partners and customers, and bringing them together around a better mobility services.
We’re proud of what we’ve built, and the countless ways we’ve connected people that wants to sell their car with hundres of buyers that will buy the car in less than 90 minutes, instead of months. Now we can’t wait to make it even better - we’re creating the world’s greatest mobility platform!
Joining the Automation Engineering team at InstaCarro is an opportunity to help shape the future of Devops at InstaCarro. While Developers own their own code all the way through to production. It is our responsibility to ensure they have the best tools and visibility of their packages during the deployment pipeline and once in production. We produce tools to assist with live operating of the platform, as well as pre production tooling for load tests and failure injection reporting. As the DevOps Engineer in the Automation team you would have a wide reaching role assisting and advising a wide range of InstaCarro product teams on deployment and test strategies. As well as responsibilities for monitoring and driving adoption of testing frameworks and patterns.
What can you expect from us?
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. You and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities.
- The opportunity to become a authoritative voice within the engineering team of a large and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are listened to.
- 5 days for training of your choice each year, and support toward the costs.
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings with your Technology Manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events, including beers every Friday.
- Hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
- The opportunity to get involved in Open Source projects.
What we expect from you
Our engineering teams are growing the job of keeping the platform alive and healthy is even harder than ever. As a DevOps Engineer in Automation Team you will need to play a key role helping ensure our teams have the tools and processes required to practise DevOps. You’ll need to:
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency/automation in the software development lifecycle and design and develop solutions to address these opportunities. Managing the development environment
- Own the roadmap and adoption of our performance testing tools.
- Conceptual ownership of our staging environment to help ensure bad releases are caught as early in the pipeline as possible.
- Facilitating seamless deployments of products to product owners and the verification team through the setup and management of a continuous development environment. Engineer solid, reliable automated tests that are considered as reliable as production code.
- Assisting the development team with the implementation of containers/tiles that will be deployed onto a Cloud based foundation.
Required skills and experience
Skills and Experience
We’d like to hear from you if you are confident DevOps in a collaborative, agile environment. We expect you to be comfortable working with software engineers, configuring environments, looking in databases and building frameworks.
To succeed in this role,
you should have the following skills and experience
2 or more years’ experience working in a DevOps role.
Improving the management of virtual infrastructure is central to the way you work. Repeatability, reliability and efficiency are watch words for you and you go to great lengths to ensure infrastructure is resilient and secure. You are familiar with a variety of infrastructure technologies and tools including Linux, CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, firewalls, load balancers, NewRelic and more.
You are familiar managing complex routing and redirection through software and network devices and can analyse traffic and system load to remove bottlenecks and identify how best we can deploy resources across the platform. You have a good grasp of tcp/ip, http and https and use this knowledge to help you analyse problems when they occur.
You will have considerable experience working alongside developers and testers to configure and tune systems built using technologies such as Nginx, Node, Java. You understand the concepts behind NoSQL, backup and replication and have an appreciation of database tuning.
You have an eye on the future, understand IaaS providers such as AWS and have an interest in using containerisation and 12 factor applications to further improve the way we can leverage our investment in infrastructure.
Experience with continuous integration tools and platforms, such as Jenkins, Maven, or TravisCI.
Experience with containerization tools such as Docker, OpenShift, or Kubernetes or Cloud Foundry.
Experience with scripting languages, such PowerShell, Bash, PHP, Python.
Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), such as AWS, Cloud Foundry, or Google Computing Cloud.
Experience in working in an agile software development team.
A quick learner who is looking for new challenges and responsibilities in an innovative software company.
The following skills are
desirable but not essential:
Knowledge of micro service architecture and design patterns.
In return, we offer you a creative and challenging environment where you have the opportunity to use exciting new technology to make a real difference in the mobility industry. As the business grows and develops there will opportunity to develop yourself and to grow with the business.
Characteristics & Behaviours
As a DevOps engineer you will be expected to:
- Deliver first-class systems, which are secure, appropriately tested, perform well, and help provide an engaging customer experience
- Play a proactive part in owning the tribes technical environments and services; taking responsibility for support, monitoring, measuring performance and addressing technical issues when required
- Contribute enthusiastically to our continuous improvement of configuration practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes
- Manage and maintain our environment pipeline, ensuring repeatability and ease of use Create and maintain quality technical documentation
- Participate in code reviews, and embrace peer feedback on your work
- Communicate constructively with peers, seniors and stakeholders in all territories
- Work with engineers across the team to maintain the robustness and efficiency of our pipeline
- Work collaboratively with 3rd parties to enable and support continuous improvement of our configuration practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes
In order to apply for the job you should send an up-to-date resume and a cover letter. Make sure your resume includes your current contact information and work history.
In addition, as part of the job application process, you may need to take an online employment test and several interviews.
Enviar CV a firstname.lastname@example.org, recuerda agregar tu cover letter.